Monday, February 7, 2011

AF or MF the big question

Tip of the day
I am a firm believer of manual focus, I know it's a little old school but my eyes are not bad at all. Twisting the focus on the camera feels more controlling then just having the camera do it for you. Downside to manual is speed shots while you are movie and the subject is also. This is were manual focus comes in. Make sure you have continuous servo focus on, use your dynamic focus pattern, and lastly use fast frame rate. Some of these are common sense but people do forget to use them, and some photos will suffer for it. 

7 comments:

  1. Also the reward when you pull of the focus better than a machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting. i should catch up on my photography. btw i love your blog title, very creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never liked kidz buyin cameras and not using them for their full potential

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that auto-focus is meant to be used only when you are taking a casual photo or someone with little knowing is using the cameras. I like this blog, keep posting and it will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like AF for the ease of use, but I prefer MF when I want to get maximum control. The best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MF FTW! But seriously, I love manual focus, AF be damned. I love the feel of the ribbed wheel under my fingers as I turn to get that perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MF is definitely awesome. Sometimes I find myself using AF in darker lit areas to get the right distance focused and then switch back over to MF to take the pictures and fine tuning the focus. I get frustrated easily as well since I have the camera set up for my right eye, but if I switch to my left eye through the viewfinder I will forget and get super frustrated. I need vision insurance to get some specs or contacts soon. x__x

    Awesome blog so far Mr. O'Lerus!

    ReplyDelete